Dear Year 8, for Thursday please complete on the blog, or neatly, on paper, come in having written down:
– 3 words you like (plus a short explanation of why you like using them.)
– 3 words that you struggle with spelling (Discuss what is it that you find hard about spelling these words.)
– 3 new words (Use a dictionary or thesaurus to find them, or ask your parents for some ideas!)
– Look up the term: ‘homophone‘. Give me an example of a homophone in the English language with which you struggle.
- Come up with a spelling rule for helping to spell your hard-to-spell words.
- What’s the longest word in the English language, to spell. Can you learn it for next lesson – I bet a Positive that you can’t!