Please write a minimum half, to one-page reflection, in which you cover the following questions on Apartheid:
(It would be worth doing a little more research into Apartheid before answering) Try this if you need some more info: http://www.ducksters.com/history/civil_rights/apartheid.php
- What is Diversity?
- What was Apartheid in South Africa?
- How did South Africa’s Apartheid go against the idea of Diversity?
- Who was Nelson Mandela, and what part did he play in restoring Diversity to South Africa?
- Personal reflection on Apartheid – how did covering the topic make you feel.
Rugby-World Cup-Themed Extension: Watch Invictus – why was the Rugby World Cup in South Africa such a huge event in the nation’s recent history?
Extension: How many of the following International Race Rights, did Apartheid go against, and in what way?
- The right to freedom of movement and residence within the border of the State.
- The right to leave any country, including one’s own, and to return to one’s country.
- The right to nationality.
- The right to marriage and choice of spouse.
- The right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
- The right to freedom of thought, conscience & religion.
- The right to freedom of opinion and expression.
- The right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.