Due: Thursday, 10th September (6 days)
Google ‘Capitalism‘ and ‘Socialism‘.
- Explain what you think is meant by the terms above – list 3 differences. (This might help: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080111150654AAbiIAK )
- Name 3 different Capitalist-run countries, and 3 different Socialist-run countries.
- How does Capitalism affect POOR and WEALTHY members of society differently?
- Go to the Bitesize website and read up about the times in which An Inspector Calls was set: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/english_literature/dramainspectorcalls/0drama_inspector_contrev3.shtml Name 2 differences between the UK in 1912 (the time the novel set) and 1945 (when the novel was written).
- What are ‘class distinctions’, and what different classes were/are there in Britain?
Extension: What is the difference between ‘moral’ and ‘immoral’? Do you personally believe politics (the way a country/people are governed) is moral or immoral?
and / or
Do you agree with a Capitalist-run country or Socialist, and why?