Due: Friday, 9th January
Google “Robert Frost’s The Fear’ Poem” or click on the following link to download and read the poem: Robert Frost The Fear
E/D Grade: Select 3-4 ‘adjectives’ (descriptive words) or ‘verbs’ (doing words) that communicate atmosphere, or show the characters’ fear.
- Shows some understanding of language.
• Attempts to comment on the effect of language
• Selects some relevant quotations
C Grade: How does Robert Frost communicate ‘Fear’ throughout this poem? Select several quotes from the text, and explain how the language and punctuation used communicates this fear.
Shows clear understanding of language
- Clearly explains the effects of the writer’s choices of language
- Selects relevant quotations
What is the ‘The Fear’ about which Robert Frost writes? Evaluate how effective Robert Frost is, in making the reader feel fearful.
Shows detailed and perceptive understanding of language
• Analyses the effects of the writer’s choices of language
• Selects a judicious range of quotations