Due: Wednesday, 17th December – Submit on A4 Paper.
Read both texts thoroughly.
A/ B Grade: Choose at least two presentational / layout features from each text and write a paragraph on each (4 paragraphs total).
Begin sentences with the name of device and then use because, suggests or implies when completing the paragraph.
e.g. “The bold font on the title has been used because…”
Higher grades will be sentences / paragraphs that link the device to the ideas and perspectives of the writer and/or the audience and purpose the text is being aimed at.
Band 4 13–16
• Specific and detailed comparisons.
• Comments on images, presentation and language are detailed.
• The selection of examples is detailed, appropriate and supports the points being made.
Band 5 17–20
• Discriminating comparisons showing insight.
• Comments on images, presentation and language are perceptive.
• The selection of examples is discriminating; fully supports the points being made.