Having looked in some detail at the GCSE English paper and how it should be tackled, your home learning is to:
- Think (carefully, deeply) about what you need to know/understand/relearn so that you can go into Mock Week confident that you will pass. We have seven (7) lessons left so what should we cover?
- Tell me what you are going to do to make sure you can go into the exam with confidence. For example, are you going to go to English Club at lunchtime? Research the play, the novel or writing skills from the internet? Practise exam-style questions?
Suggestions in the comments box below, please, or in your A5 book ready for Thursday’s lesson.
A reflective learner working at:
- Grade C will make suggestions that are relevant to the requirements of the exam. There will be some explanation of the need for what they are suggesting.
- Grade B will consider what is required from a skills point of view, i.e. the learning suggestions will seek to improve reading and writing skills which will improve exam performance.
- Grade A will link their suggestions to the marking criteria (available here June 2011 H marking criteria; see relevant pages) so that the top bands are understood and are being targeted.