Either referring to the podcast you found for the earlier home learning which was due 3 February (here: https://dartmouthacademyeng.wordpress.com/2014/01/31/mr-legowskis-11xen1-home-learning-due-monday-3-february/) or using another, answer the following questions in the box below:
- How does the speaker introduce the subject? Is it interesting?
- What do we know about his target audience? Is there an assumed prior knowledge of the subject in hand? (This will affect the speaker’s approach and the language he uses.)
- How is the narrative structured? How is the topic developed?
- What’s the angle? (Does he have one? – Would it be better with one?)
- What language does he use to keep the audience interested? Remember, YOU may not be the target audience so keep this in mind.
- If there is more than one speaker, how does one speaker’s speech affect the response of the other?
An independent enquirer working at:
- Grade C will use precise and relevant evidence to ‘back up’ their answers.
- Grade B will explain how the speaker’s purpose is helped by the way that the podcast is structured.
- Grade A will analyse how a speaker’s language affects and manipulates his listeners.
By Thursday 13 February, please.