Your home learning is to write a plan for your mock poetry controlled assessment this week.
- Consider ART WARS as a way of planning what to write.
- One side of A3 paper but make sure that there are no full sentences that can be considered a draft and written up in your essay.
- Always have the question in mind: how are the poets’ perspectives explored in the poems?
- Plan for developed responses, making sure that you consistently refer back to words or lines in the poems. Do not make a point without backing it up and explaining it – when marking your essay I’ll simply write ‘prove it!‘
- Remember, the word count is 1000 words, which isn’t that much (really!) so make sure that you focus on what’s important and interesting in the poems.
Best of luck!