Your home learning task is to answer the following questions about Hemingway’s The Killers. Write one developed PEE paragraph with at least three examples (references to the text) for each question; put your answers in the comments box below.
1. What function does the narrative description (the parts that aren’t dialogue) play?
2. How does the dialogue move the narrative (the story) forward?
3. What do we learn about the characters through the dialogue (i.e. the things they say or are said about them)?
4. How does the vocabulary set the time and place of the story?
5. Where are the turning points and mood changes in the story? How are they achieved?
6. How does the ending link back to the beginning? Are there any similarities? If they’re all back at the starting point, does that mean that everything is as it was before?
The deadline for this task is tomorrow – Friday 26 April.